[CMake] [cmake-developers] Support for multiple components in cpack

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 10:22:57 EDT 2010

2010/8/3 Dr. Stefan Sablatnög <stefan.sablatnoeg at svox.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> first of all many thanks for considering to provide such a functionality.
> I tried it on an small example yesterday and it worked as expected
> (I patched against cmake 2.8.2), a larger test will follow as soon as I
> find the time.

Ok thanks.
Do not hesitate to give us more feedback when you find the time to do
more extensive tests.
Give your feedback either on the list and/or on the bug tracker:

> One minor thing (maybe a different issue?),
> I am not quite sure of yet is how to handle the destination
> of the packages? Is there already way to produce (or copy) the packages
> to a user defined place (we usually put our final deliveries under revision
> control, so it would be ideal if the package would be in the "right" place
> automatically after each build.)

I think this is another issue.
You may already be able to do what you want if you set CPACK_PACKAGE_DIRECTORY

e.g
try cpack -D CPACK_PACKAGE_DIRECTORY=/tmp -G ZIP

if it is not working for you then open a feature request which explain
precisely your need.
--
Erk
http://www.april.org