[CMake] Use CMake to create C# project

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Apr 27 10:58:54 EDT 2010

There is a low priority feature request in the issue tracker:

However, I am not aware of any serious funding for any such effort on the
horizon. So it is unlikely to be going in anytime soon unless somebody steps
up to the plate with a plan and a checkbook. :-)

Having said that, though, it's not hard to call the C# compiler directly
with custom commands....

So it's easy to drive the build of a C# library or executable with
add_custom_command in a CMakeLists.txt file, but "first class C# language
support, including resources and generating *.csproj files" is not planned
in the short term.

HTH,
David