[CMake] Adding to rpath through cmake

Michael Darling darlingm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 02:35:35 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've been trying to figure out how to append another directory to the -rpath
sent to the linker through cmake.

I have a yum-installed version of stdlibs in /usr/lib64, and a svn source
built one in /usr/local/lib64.  I need the newer version for software that
I'm developing, but would like to have everything else on the system run the
version in /usr/lib64 because it's the version everything's expecting, and
it's an actual release version rather than an svn build.

The /usr/lib64 and /usr/local/lib64 versions are both .so.6, so ldconfig
shouldn't be able to help me out.

I'm using export ld_library_path=/usr/local/lib64 as a workaround when
running my applications at the moment, but don't want that to be
automatically set because it will impact other programs.

I've looked at add_library_path, cmake_skip_build_rpath,
cmake_build_with_install_rpath, cmake_install_rpath,
cmake_install_rpath_use_link_path, and cmake_system_library_path, none of
which seem to work or be what I need.

So, whether adding to -rpath is what I need to do or not, is there a way
with cmake that I can specify which stdlibs my applications are being
statically linked against?

Thanks!

Mike