[CMake] VS2010 problem with upper case CPP extension

Jarl Lindrud jarl.lindrud at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 05:37:23 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've just run cmake 2.8.1, with the "Visual Studio 10" generator, on a
cmake project that I've previously been running the VS2008 generator on.

There appears to be a problem with C++ source files that end with upper
case CPP. They end up in the Visual Studio C++ project, but when I look at
the properties of the file, I see "Does not participate in build", and
indeed, when building, the compiler ignores the file completely.

The lower case .cpp files are fine.

This issue is easy to reproduce, just use this CMakeLists.txt file:

PROJECT(Bug)
ADD_EXECUTABLE(Bug File1.cpp File2.CPP)

, and create two empty files File1.cpp and File2.CPP (note the case...)

Regards,
Jarl.