[CMake] Can't double-click to launch Mac app bundle

Timothy Shead tshead at sandia.gov
Fri Apr 23 18:00:10 EDT 2010

On 4/23/10 3:28 PM, Ben Medina wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a Qt-based Mac app that I build with CMake. I run fixup_bundle
> on it to copy all pre-requisites over during the install step.
> However, when I double-click on the .app, the application does not
> launch. It's icon bounces a few times in the dock, then goes away with
> no errors. If I run the executable from the shell (i.e. execute the
> binary in .app/Contents/MacOS), the application launches as expected.
>
> Does anyone know what magic is required for double-click launching to work?

Lots of things can go wrong ... run the Console application (typically
/Applications/Utilities/Console.app) to see any error output produced
when you launch an app from the shell.  Typically you'll get a message
indicating that there's a missing library dependency.  If it's deeper
than that and your application gets to the point where it runs before
crashing, you can print information to stderr and see it in the Console.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy M. Shead