[CMake] CMake 2.8.1 + Qt/Cocoa + OS X Problem -- qt_menu.nib not getting copied

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Apr 16 12:03:59 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Michael Jackson <
mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:

> While I agree with everything said I think a Qt Specific function for
> "deploying Apps", whether those are on Windows, OS X or linux, should be
> created. The script would be at a higher level than BundleUtilites as I
> would envision DeployQt4App.cmake calling BundleUtilities, checking the type
> of Qt being used (Relevant on OS X), copying the plugins (if wanted by the
> user) and stuff like that. Thoughts?

Sounds like a reasonable idea. I would recommend naming it
"DeployQtApp.cmake" and leave out the 4 in anticipation of an eventual Qt
5...

I would also encourage you to put "stuff generally useful even to non-Qt
apps" into BundleUtilities and make sure that DeployQtApp is really only
Qt-specific deployment related stuff.

BundleUtilities, while it was originally started to handle Mac-specific
bundling issues, has evolved to be useful on Linux and Windows now too.

David