[CMake] Cmake problem on nfs partition

Patrick Begou Patrick.Begou at hmg.inpg.fr
Fri Apr 9 10:36:07 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've got a strange behavior with cmake with my linux X86_64 system configuration
(Open Suse).

My users home directories are nfs mounted on:
/tmp_mnt/hasources
and I have a soft link
/HA/sources -> /tmp_mnt/hasources/.

An exemple of $HOME for a user is:
# echo $HOME
/HA/sources/pillonm

Using cmake to build a large cfd application fails with a message:
# pwd
/tmp_mnt/hasources/pillonm/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6/applications/utilities/postProcessing/graphics/PV3FoamReader/PV3FoamReader
# cmake ../..
CMake Error: The source directory
"/hasources/pillonm/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6/applications/utilities/postProcessing/graphics"
does not exist.

I do not know how cmake builds this "/hasources/..." reference to a directory
which does not exist.

So, as my cmake is 2.6, I've downloaded 2.8.1 cmake sources in my $HOME/OpenFOAM
directory. And again, when runing ./bootstrap in the cmake directory I get the
same type of error:
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module
file:/hasources/pillonm/OpenFOAM/cmake-2.8.1/CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake

But if I put cmake on a local filesystem, IE /tmp, the bootstrap process and the
build process works fine.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Patrick
|  Equipe M.O.S.T.         | http://most.hmg.inpg.fr          |
|  Patrick BEGOU           |       ------------               |
|  LEGI                    | mailto:Patrick.Begou at hmg.inpg.fr |
|  BP 53 X                 | Tel 04 76 82 51 35               |
|  38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX    | Fax 04 76 82 52 71               |