[CMake] VS project reloading

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 11:46:26 EDT 2010

I'm wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this issue.

When CMake detects that the project or solution files for VS have changed it
runs some plugin that unloads the solution and loads it up again.  While
this works to keep things updated, it had the unfortunate consequence of
loosing any of the undo history in any of the files that were being edited
in VS.  Does anyone have a workaround for this besides using an external
editor?  I tried to click "cancel" to let VS do the project reloading, but
it closes any files that are associated with the given project that is
reloaded.

I'm getting a lot of push back from developers who are finding unhelpful to
loose their undo history.

Thanks,
James