[CMake] CXX incorrectly includes CMakeFortranInformation.cmake for MinGW/MSYS/Wine

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Apr 5 16:19:37 EDT 2010

Clinton Stimpson wrote:

> So interleaving wine tracing and cmake tracing along with some
debugging... the problem comes from within
SystemTools::GetActualCaseForPath()
> where it takes as input <somepath>/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake and
returns <somepath>/CMakeFortranInformation.cmake.
> I'm guessing its a bug in Wine's GetShortPathName() or
GetLongPathName(). There are more modern apis for getting the actual
case of a file, but they probably don't work on Windows 98.

Yikes!

That is a nice bug...   I would expect it to cause lots of other really
strange things to happen as well....

I don't think there is much that can be done about that...   What are
the more modern ways of doing that?   We don't really support windows 98
anymore.  NT and greater.

-Bill