[CMake] CTest : Submit tests on computing nodes and 'APPEND' command

olivier.pierard at cenaero.be olivier.pierard at cenaero.be
Thu Apr 1 15:09:16 EDT 2010

Dear all,

On one platform, I update, configure and build the software on a master
node and then submit the testing part on computation nodes via a SGE script
(builds impossible on computation nodes unfortunately).

As command in the submission script, there are two possibilities:

- Call 'ctest -S ctest_script' and this script contains:
'ctest_test( BUILD "build_dir" INCLUDE_LABEL "label_regex" APPEND )'
Problem is that since it is a new ctest instance, there is no TAG with the
TimeStamp appended to the LastTest_TimeStamp.log as for
LastBuild_TimeStamp.log.  Logically, there is no Test.xml in the
Testing/TimeStamp folder neither, so that nothing is submitted to the
dashboard.

- Call 'ctest -D "NightlyTest" -L "label_regex"'  Problem is that the is
no correspondance to the APPEND keyword as with ctest_test

I don't mind using the first or the second solution, even if second one
would save one additional file to configure.  But my question is how to
solve the problem for either case 1 or case 2.

Thank you very much very much for your propositions.

Olivier