[CMake] Support for higher-level software design methodologies?

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 27 15:50:37 EDT 2009

> There are no classes in CMake script, only functions and macros.

Would it be useful if object-oriented software development might become supported by this configuration programming language?

> Most find modules are fairly simple but many of them have their
> quirks. I don't think there's a tremendous opportunity available to
> generalize what they do if you're asking, but it certainly is
> possible. The solution could also be in the form of new higher-level
> CMake commands.

I hope that more common functionality can be extracted into central base functions and classes. This would improve the reuse of standard features and will potentially reduce efforts from repeating solutions in own source code.

Regards,
Markus