[CMake] CMake 2.8.0 RC 1 ready for testing!

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 11:33:57 EDT 2009

2009/9/26 Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail.com>:
> Usually I use
>
> cvs update -dARP
>
> which IMHO should probably be the default, because that's what people (i.e.
> me) expect from an update.

-dRP are ok even if I think R is not needed, however you usually don't
want A unless you want to checkout cvs HEAD.

> Are there any plans for CMake (and other Kitware projects) to switch over to
> a more contemporary VCS, such as git, hg or bzr (in the order of my
> preference :-))?

You may already set up a git cvsimport repository which may be
updated daily/hourly. That way you may git clone + branch
from the cvs-imported repo and use git instead of cvs.

If the cvs imported repo is publicly available
other may benefits from your GIT repo.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org