[CMake] CMake 2.8.0 RC 1 ready for testing!

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 17:37:07 EDT 2009

I was too fast I forgot the list

2009/9/25 Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>:
> I am happy to announce that CMake 2.8.0 has entered the beta stage! You
> can find the source and binaries here: http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/.

Just built and tested on somes projects.
Awesome, works like a charm.

For those of you which wants to give it a try without messing-up there install
I offer to share a stupid (but useful to me)
update-alternatives script which use update-alternatives(8) to
switch / install cmake version installed on your machine.

usage is simple:

1) Modify CMAKE_HOME in order make it
   point to your CMake 2.8 install location

$ cmake-alternatives-2.8.sh on

will install the alternative.
The script is attached to the mail.

If some of you find it useful this kind of script can even be
put in the CMake source tree and
CONFIGURE_FILEd + INSTALLed along with cmake
in share/cmake-<version>/scripts.

> - Lots of bug fixes.

Like you said at least 3 for CPack RPM,
I did update the CPack pending bugs or features lists:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackPackageGenerators#CPack_RPM_currently_pending_bugs.2Ffeatures

rpm 4.6.x users should definitely try CMake 2.8.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org

--