[CMake] file1 newer than file2 test

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 13:47:32 EDT 2009

Is there a way to test if one file is newer than another file?  Something
along the lines if "cmake -E compare_files", but for time stamps?

I need to copy dlls into the binary directory, but I want to do it
conservatively.  Also I need different versions for Debug and Release, so
add_custom_command doesn't work due to the lack of configuration specific
dependencies.

Ultimately, what I think I'll have to do is generate a script that takes the
build configuration as a parameter and runs copy_if_different as a post
build command for a given target.

James