[CMake] NSIS registry entry

th.tom at gmx.de th.tom at gmx.de
Thu Sep 24 05:19:16 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I would like to add aregistry entry through NSIS for easy access to the version string and the installation path.

When I try this:

 set ( CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_INSTALL_COMMANDS "
       WriteRegStr HKCR '${COMPLETE_PATH}' 'InstallPath' INSTALL_PATH
       WriteRegStr HKCR '${COMPLETE_PATH}' 'Version' '${MY_VERSION}'
      " )

Here I got no output at all except the original one created by default
(SOFTWARE/${VENDOR_NAME}/${PACKAGE_NAME}). And I get a warning about an invalid escape sign, which comes from the COMPLETE_PATH, which is something similar to:

SET ( COMPLETE_PATH "SOFTWARE\\vendor\\program" )

First of all, I would like to get rid of the version string, I want the version string to be placed as a type/value pair and I would like to have a Type/Value pair "InstallPath" which points to the actual installation path.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance - tom