[CMake] Copying files to runtime directory

Tyler Roscoe tyler at cryptio.net
Mon Sep 21 17:27:43 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 12:37:06PM -0600, Clinton Stimpson wrote:
> I don't know about your setup, but for our apps, our developers just set the
> PATH environment variable for their dlls not built as part of the project.

This works well for developers but often works less well for testers, or
for making sure that our built packages have all the runtimes they need
and can run on a virgin machine.

It's also nice if the local CMake system can take care of the
dependencies because then upgrading a thirdparty library is just setting
a new path or new version number in the CMake system and it works for
everyone. If we rely on PATH instead, then each developer has to do work
every time we change a 3rdparty dependency.

Just some notes on why we, and presumably others, often want to do
things like those described in the OP.

tyler