[CMake] How to set CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION from a gengetopt configuration file

Yegor Yefremov yegor_sub1 at visionsystems.de
Mon Sep 21 05:46:23 EDT 2009

Hello,

I use gengetopt to generate command line parser for my application. The configuration file *.ggo also specifies programs version like this:

# Name of your program
package "hwtest" # don't use package if you're using automake
# Version of your program
version "1.2.1"   # don't use version if you're using automake

I'd like to automatically extract these version numbers and assign them to

CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MAJOR, CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MINOR and CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_PATCH

What were the best solution for my problem?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Yegor