[CMake] Install component with RPM package generator

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 02:22:58 EDT 2009

2009/9/20 João Henrique Freitas <joaohf at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I and some guys are trying to implement the componentization install
> in CPackRPM.
>
> We need some help. Any developer can guide us?
>
> Some discus exists here: http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=7645

I'm part of that effort, the current main trouble is CPack generic generator
currently assumes that a componentized installer is a **SINGLE** file
which may looks good for NSIS or PackageMaker but certainly awkward
for RPM, DEB or even ZIP, DEB etc...
We may want to produce 1 "installer" file per component.

We do [need to] propose some modification of the cmCPackGenerator base
class and want to have CMake dev team opinion/advice on that.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org