[CMake] cmake 2.6.4 won't find boost 1.40 on windows

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Sun Sep 20 20:55:57 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Ingolf Steinbach <
ingolf.steinbach at googlemail.com> wrote:

> 2009/9/18 Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>:
> > If someone has a reasonable set of places to look we can add them. Does
> the
> > boost installer set any registry values?
>
> Not sure about that. Unfortunately, there is no installer for 1.40.0
> yet; and 1.40 seems to be somewhat different than previous releases --
> at least with respect to library naming.

Thankfully, the changes made to library naming in 1.40 do not break
FindBoost. :)

> My intention was: there are already some typical paths hard coded in
> FindBoost. When the module finds that one of those paths does exist in
> the file system, would it be possible to search that path a bit harder
> (for instance evaluate subdirectories) for the requested Boost
> version?

Could you post what you have in mind for the paths?

Also, bear in mind that Boost already encodes versions into the include
directory and libraries.  It isn't necessary to segment a boost install
prefix by version number at all.

Ultimately we can add anything to the search path of FindBoost that makes
sense.  If you have suggestions, please feel free to submit them (preferably
with a tested patch) to the bugtracker.

--
Philip Lowman