[CMake] Using boost with cmake?

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Sun Sep 20 20:39:26 EDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 2:46 PM, motes motes <mort.motes at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have just installed boost for windows:
>
> http://www.boostpro.com/download
>
> Now I would like to use the boost unit-testing framework in my
> application that I build with cmake. Any  but how do I add the boost
> unit testing framework to my current CMakeLists.txt file?

Please read the documentation for FindBoost.cmake.  There are examples for
specifying boost libraries as COMPONENTS.  You may also need to manipulate
Boost_ADDITIONAL_VERSIONS.

Also, you may have better luck with the FindBoost from CMake CVS until 2.8.0
is released.  I'm pretty sure the BoostPro install directory changed at some
point (1.39 or 1.40..?) and there was a bugfix to FindBoost which was after
the 2.6.4 release.

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Modules/FindBoost.cmake?root=CMake

--
Philip Lowman