[CMake] Updated FindThreads.cmake in tracker

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Sun Sep 20 11:16:19 EDT 2009

Hello,

I've merged (optional) Pthreads-win32 support into a FindThreads.cmake
attached in the tracker and added some documentation on how to use it.
Since FindThreads isn't my module I wanted to throw this up on the mailing
list for feedback.

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=6399

Also, in regard to a previous mailing list thread about FindThreads...

I'm not sure which platform the block "Check if compiler accepts -pthread"
is executed on.  The documentation I attached to the code advises calling
"target_link_libraries(target ${CMAKE_THREAD_LIBS_INIT})".  After grokking
the code a bit further I'm now guessing this "-pthread" argument is
technically accepted by the linker and not needed by the compiler, but it
would be nice to know this for sure to ensure the documentation is correct.

--
Philip Lowman