[CMake] Windows XP and Docbook

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Sat Sep 19 02:50:45 EDT 2009

Am Freitag 18 September 2009 22:06:11 schrieb Dixon, Shane:
> I've been trying to improve my project documentation and in linux I've used
>  Docbook in the past with limited success.  I was curious if there's a good
>  docbook solution in windows.  I'd like to add "make docs" as a target, but
>  I couldn't find anything like FindDocbook.cmake in my modules path.
>  Anyone using docbook on Windows XP (or newer) along with cmake?

I wrote a cmake docbook4 integration (for docbook5, you need xslt2 which is a
bit different). On Windows, you need to either install xsltproc, saxon-6.5.x or
xalan-2.x and have that in the path.

You can find them under CmakeModules in the bluetooth/openobex.git at
http://git.kernel.org.
You need the FindDocbook.cmake, UseDocbook.cmake, FindXslt.cmake and
UseXslt.cmake (under CmakeModules). How to use it is shown in
doc/CmakeLists.txt.
For HTML output, your entry element in the docbook file must be refentry with
one or more refentry elements. All of them should have a unique id attribute.
For manpage output, you need manvolnum elements.
PDF output is not possible as that is more complicated and has many options.

Have fun.

HS