[CMake] Use FIND_LIBRARY to search & link for an executable?

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Sep 18 02:14:37 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've an external project which made the decision to create an executable which exports symbols. This means if you want to write a plugin for this project you have to link your plugin against this executable.
Now I've the problem that FIND_LIBRARY doesn't find this executable. Does anybody knows a hack to be able to link against an executable which is not built by the project?

I'm really lost here but I can't convince them to fix it... :(
Managing an own patch to work around this problem isn't a good long-term perspective.

Thx,
Christian