[CMake] external tools in visual studio

th.tom at gmx.de th.tom at gmx.de
Thu Sep 17 11:12:37 EDT 2009

Hi,

I may haven't used the right keywords on google, as I believe this is asked many times befor:

I have a multiplatform project that uses external tools (yacc/bison/lex/flex).

I don`t have any problems under linux/solaris etc. but I really had a bad time trying to make this work under windows visual studio 2003.

I am searching for bison and flex and these tools are found and are used. However, bison uses an additional tool "m4" this one is not found (as it is internally called, and there is no path set to this):

YACC started with command  C:/Programme/GnuWin32/bin/bison.exe
C:\Programme\GnuWin32\bin\bison.exe: m4: No such file or directory

m4 is installed in the same directory (C:/Programme/GnuWin32/bin) as bison and flex.

Setting the environment path does not help (as visual studio does not care for these settings).

Any suggestions?

- tom