[CMake] is ccmake reliable?

James C. Sutherland James.Sutherland at utah.edu
Tue Sep 15 14:37:27 EDT 2009

On another mailing list that I subscribe to someone mentioned that
ccmake was not very reliable.  Is this true?

A related question:  If I set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX in my
CMakeLists.txt file
> set( CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
>   ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}
>   )
and then run ccmake, I find that the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX variable is
set to /usr/local rather than the binary directory.  Is this a bug?  I
ran ccmake on a clean build directory, i.e. I had no cache.
Incidentally, this also occurs with the CMake gui.  If I dump the
variable from my CMakeLists.txt file, e.g.
>   message( STATUS "Files will be installed to: " $
> {CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX} )

then it reflects the correct directory, but the CMakeCache.txt file
still shows /usr/local.  Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks,

James