[CMake] linking error after upgrading to snow leopard

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Sep 14 06:59:48 EDT 2009

On Friday 11 September 2009, Michael Jackson wrote:
> You are not specifying the libraries that contain those symbols.
> Looking at your link line you are missing at least the Qt libraries/
> Frameworks and maybe some others.

Weird, though, since the same CMakeLists.txt worked fine with Leopard,
and continue to work fine on Linux and Windows. And if I remove the bundle
flag to add_executable, linking works.

> If the arch were incorrect the linker would explicitly tell you that
> the libraries you are trying to link against is the wrong arch.

Ah, good to know.

> Since
> I don't see that error I am assuming that you have forgotten to list
> the libraries that contain those symbols in a
> "target_link_libraries()" command.

my target_link_libraries looks like this:

target_link_libraries(HyvesDesktop HyvesDesktopLib ${QT_LIBRARIES})

HyvesDesktopLib provides the CrashHandler object, and I've checked whether
${QT_LIBRARIES} was set correctly, and it points to the right Qt.