[CMake] Using cmake to configure a 32 bit project on Windows 64 Bit OS

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Sep 9 14:52:19 EDT 2009

I tried the following:

  Open the "Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt"
  Navigate to my project.
  CMake -G "Visual Studio 9 2008" ../

 and I get the error that says the C compiler can not compile a simple
test program. Looking at the error log it would seem that cl.exe isn't
on the path anywhere. I double checked by running vcvars.bat again but
nothing.

Pretty sure I just did the standard install for VS 2008 Standard
Edition. This is on Windows 7 x64. Maybe I can't build 32 bit apps
with the standard edition?

Dunno but I bet there is someone in CMake land who has hit this
problem and I am sure it is something simple that I am missing.

Thanks for any help
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net