[CMake] Module find error running cmake

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Sat Sep 5 10:18:46 EDT 2009

On Friday 04 September 2009, twf wrote:
> When trying to install a program that requires cmake I run into the
> following problem.
>
> First off, the install requires the following command:
>
> /cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix` ../
>
> During the run, the following error is generated:
>
> /CMake Error at /usr/local/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:84
> (MESSAGE):
>   ERROR: cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake not found in
>
> /root/.kde/share/apps;/usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/defa
>ult/share/apps;/usr/share/kde4/apps Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   CMakeLists.txt:5 (find_package)

This list of directories looks ok.
Is there maybe a kde4 development package which is not installed ?
(don't know how it is organized into packages on kubuntu)
/usr/share/kde4/apps/ looks like a good candidate actually.

> -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!/
>
> This has happened on two separate installs.  I've tried uninstalling
> cmake, then reinstalling.

Yes, and that's good (because there was no reason why that should have been
the problem).

Alex