[CMake] Deprecated commands -- replacements?

Doug Hackworth doug.hackworth at vanderbilt.edu
Fri Sep 4 16:25:06 EDT 2009

Our lab has used CMake 2.4 for a long time, and on a new machine I'm trying to
use version 2.6 for the first time on some of our projects.  Our projects all
use VTK and we keep the latest version built (currently 5.4.2).

I am getting these CMake errors when I try to configure our project with 2.6:

  CMake Error at Common/CMakeLists.txt:27 (VTK_WRAP_TCL):
    Unknown CMake command "VTK_WRAP_TCL".

  CMake Error at Common/CMakeLists.txt:39 (VTK_WRAP_PYTHON):
    Unknown CMake command "VTK_WRAP_PYTHON".

We do indeed use the wrappings for both these languages, so I can't just turn
them off.  I found a reference in the CMake 2.4 docs that VTK_WRAP_PYTHON, et
al, were deprecated and for use only in VTK 4, but I can't find any reference to
what replaces it...  How can I build Python and Tcl wrappings in my project with
  2.6 ?

I'm a non-expert user of CMake; my apologies if this is a clueless or RTFM
question. Hopefully it's a fairly simple thing which someone can answer off the
top of their head.  Btw this is on Ubuntu, I built CMake from source, and here's
the version I'm using:

$ cmake --version
cmake version 2.6-patch 4

All assistance very much appreciated.