[CMake] cpack install problem

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Thu Sep 3 14:13:53 EDT 2009

Hi,
I originally posted this thread to kwwidgets, but have
not had much success and perhaps this is a cpack/cmake
issue Im having.

I¹m building stand alone applications using VTK, ITK, GDCM, KWWidgets and I
I'm recently having problems getting my apps to run on windows (XP, Vista 32
bit) platforms where the installer is generated by cpack (NSIS).  The
apps/toolkits tcl/tk are all statically built and linked in Release mode
using MS Visual Studio Express 2005.  I am compiling using the command line
tools (nmake). I keep getting:

 The application has failed to start because its side-by-side
 configuration is incorrect.  Please see the application event log for more
 detail.

 Installing vcredist_x86.exe does not help as was
 suggested on some MS forums.  As an example, the installer installs
 C:\Program Files\MyApp\bin\myKWWidgetsApp.exe
 C:\Program Files\MyApp\bin\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest
 C:\Program Files\MyApp\bin\ msvcm80.dll
 C:\Program Files\MyApp\bin\ msvcp80.dll
 C:\Program Files\MyApp\bin\ msvcr80.dll

If I run the windows Event Viewer and look at the error:

"Activation context generation failed for
"C:Users\Student\Documents\MyApp\bin\myKWWidgetsApp.exe".  Error in manifest
or policy file "" on line.  A component version required by the application
conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting
components are: Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86
microsoft.vc80.crt 1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b
8.0.50727.3053_none_d08d7bba442a9b36.manifest. Component 2: C:\Program
Files\ MyApp\bin\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.MANIFEST.

Any ideas on how to fix or sort this out would be great, thanks

Dean