[CMake] Unknown names of output files - How to add the dependency?

Swaroop Ramachandra swaroopgr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:58:55 EDT 2009

Hi,
I have a question regarding the ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND. I have an input file
which is generated on the fly. My ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND executes a binary file
which takes this input file. My output is a set of files whose names are
based on the contents of my input file. Specifically, I generate ".c" files
on execution of the binary and the names of the ".c" files generated is not
known in advance.

In the above case, how can I specify a set of output files since I do not
know the names of these files before hand?

Again, the ".c" files are used by a second binary file to generate the
required files (Again using ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND). Is there a nice way of
daisy chaining these items even without knowing the names of files
generated?

Thanks,
-S

--

Pablo Picasso<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pablo_picasso.html>
- "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."