[CMake] XCode automatic dependencies

Jeroen Dierckx jeroen.dierckx at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 09:56:29 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Bill Hoffman<bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> Jeroen Dierckx wrote:
>
>>> Can you give a small example that shows this issue?
>>
>> Hmm. I just installed the latest version of cmake, which seems to work
>> as expected. I removed the explicit add_dependency lines, and all
>> dependencies are setup correctly, also in XCode.
>>
>> Sorry to bother you...
>>

> Great, Glad to hear it worked for you.  So, you were able to get iPhone
> development to work?   I did not realize that would work.  If it does work,
> you might want to write up some instructions on the CMake wiki.

Not yet, but Ogre (http://www.ogre3d.org/) officially supports the
iPhone in their new version (available from SVN only for now). They
successfully use cmake to generate build environments for all their
platforms, including the iPhone. It involves settings some xcode
variables, and explicitly enabling the iPhone build in a cmake option.

Greetings,
JeDi