[CMake] Finding X11 fails under OS X...

Georgios Petasis petasisg at yahoo.gr
Wed Sep 2 19:28:24 EDT 2009

O/H Martin Costabel έγραψε:
> Georgios Petasis wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am trying to compile something that uses X under OS X 10.5.5, but
>> cmake is unable to locate the X11 libraries.
>> The include path is located. The failure is while detecting libraries.
>> For example. libX11 exists in /usr/X11/lib/libX11.6.dylib. Cmake does
>> not find this library, as it expects to find "libX11.dylib".
>> There is a libX11.la file from libtool, but is not used during search. I
>> suppose if the libX11.la was parsed, then the library libX11.6.dylib
>> would have been found.
>>
>> Any ideas on how can I persuade cmake to locate the X11 libraries?
>
> If you don't have /usr/X11/lib/libX11.dylib (which is a symbolic link
> to libX11.6.dylib), then your X11 installation is incomplete. You must
> have removed this symlink accidentally. Or maybe you can blame it on
> Apple's installer which is known to occasionally forget files.

No I don't. In fact there is only a .la file all X11 libraries, besides
the version-coded .dylib files. The only places that there .dylib files
without version (along with the versioned ones) is inside the SDK
folders, which are not considered at all by cmake.

What is the suggested way? Reinstall X-code to get the missing files?

George