[CMake] Finding X11 fails under OS X...

Georgios Petasis petasisg at yahoo.gr
Wed Sep 2 18:44:18 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to compile something that uses X under OS X 10.5.5, but
cmake is unable to locate the X11 libraries.
The include path is located. The failure is while detecting libraries.
For example. libX11 exists in /usr/X11/lib/libX11.6.dylib. Cmake does
not find this library, as it expects to find "libX11.dylib".
There is a libX11.la file from libtool, but is not used during search. I
suppose if the libX11.la was parsed, then the library libX11.6.dylib
would have been found.

Any ideas on how can I persuade cmake to locate the X11 libraries?

Regards,

George