[CMake] cmake-gui, ccmake track user changes

Alin M Elena alinm.elena at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 1 05:05:33 EDT 2009

Hi,

This issue was touched twice in the past
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2009-April/thread.html#28419
http://www.mail-archive.com/cmake@cmake.org/msg22904.html

Now I come with a feature proposal. I would like your comments on it before
adding it as an official feature request and maybe even start working on it.

cmake-gui keeps track of user settings within a session.

cmake-gui is very useful specially for complex projects where iterative
configuration may be required in order to fix all dependencies.
A lot of times after you do the discovery step using cmake-gui the command
line equivalent is required.

I propose to add a new view: User View that would highlight only the variables
with which the user interacted but not the ones that were triggered by setting
them.

the output tab may for example show the cmake command line equivalent.

Alin
  Without Questions there are no Answers!
  Mr  Alin M ELENA
  Irish Centre for High-End Computing -- www.ichec.ie
  The Design Tower, Trinity Technology & Enterprise Campus
  Grand Canal Quay,  Dublin 2, Ireland
  Tel:   +353 (0) 1 5241608 ext 29
  Fax: +353 (0) 1 7645845
  http://alin.elenaworld.net