[CMake] Component-based installs from makefile generators

Dixon, Shane Shane.Dixon at atmel.com
Fri Oct 30 17:30:33 EDT 2009

I saw this thread from over a year ago:

http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-August/023336.html

Has Cmake added the capability to do component-based installs?  By this, I mean, can I specify "install/emulation" or "install/real" from the command-line?  In that link the author provides some hacks to do so, but it being a year later, I was curious if there's now a built-in method for doing this in CMake.  Those macros only specify individual components and I'm much more interested in component groups so that I can install the same docs, headers, examples, etc. but change the .exe's and .dll's depending on the "install/real" or "install/emulation" targets.

Has this been added?  I like the ability to select components at install time with cpack, but when using the command-line I can't seem to do that.

--
Shane Dixon
Linux Engineer