[CMake] CMake 2.8.0 RC 4 ready for testing!

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 04:29:15 EDT 2009

Modestas,

FindJNI.cmake stopped working for me at some point (during transition
of *official* cmake 2.6.4 -> *official* cmake 2.8rc4), this means it
affect your patched cmake 2.6.4 on debian.

if you want to reproduce on debian:

$ apt-get install gcj-4.4-jdk openjdk-6-jdk
$ cat CMakeLists.txt
FIND_PACKAGE(JNI REQUIRED)
$ cmake .
$ grep JAVA_INCLUD *
CMakeCache.txt:JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.4/include
CMakeCache.txt:JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH2:PATH=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/include

This is now producing a mixture of gcj and openjdk, which is not a
desired behavior.
Thanks for fixing this. If you need more info please let me know.

-Mathieu

For reference (I do not think this matters):

$ sudo update-alternatives --display javac
javac - status is auto.
 link currently points to /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/bin/javac
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/javac - priority 63
 slave javac.1.gz: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/man/man1/javac.1.gz
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/bin/javac - priority 1061
 slave javac.1.gz: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/man/man1/javac.1.gz
/usr/bin/ecj - priority 143
 slave javac.1.gz: /usr/share/man/man1/ecj.1.gz
/usr/bin/gcj-wrapper-4.3 - priority 43
/usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/bin/javac - priority 1043
 slave javac.1.gz: /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/man/man1/javac.1.gz
/usr/bin/gcj-wrapper-4.4 - priority 1044
Current `best' version is /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/bin/javac.

$ apt-cache policy gcj-4.4-jdk openjdk-6-jdk
gcj-4.4-jdk:
  Installed: 4.4.1-4
  Candidate: 4.4.1-6
  Version table: