[CMake] Strange build environments (MSVC and GCC both)

Dixon, Shane Shane.Dixon at atmel.com
Tue Oct 27 13:38:40 EDT 2009

I'm trying to work with a vendor's strange build environment that uses gnumake and several (very annoying) Makefiles.  Part of the problem is that when the environment builds an emulator, it uses the MSVC toolchain.  Once you actually build the real module, it uses gcc so that the object can be deployed to a linux workstation.

 * How would be the best way to handle this in CMake?

 * Should the two options be two different external projects that I include in some top-level project?

 * I suppose I could also do something like add execute_process() commands that build using their toolchain, but how then do I make those commands become targets?

--
Shane Dixon
Linux Engineer