[CMake] Special variables in CTest

Dixon, Shane Shane.Dixon at atmel.com
Fri Oct 23 14:23:44 EDT 2009

That's helpful, but not quite what I'm looking for.  The primary reason I'm looking is because I have a nightly script that tries to build the project using both nmake and mingw32-make.  It's all in one script.  If done from the command-line, both build fine.  When done from the script, it builds nmake first, then mingw32-make and the nmake succeeds, but mingw32-make fails at the BUILD stage.

I get through CTEST_CONFIGURE fine and then when CTEST_BUILD runs, it somehow switches back to nmake:

 Size of output: 1K
Command exited with the value: 0
SetMakeCommand:nmake -i
SetCTestConfiguration:MakeCommand:nmake -i
SetCTestConfiguration:BuildDirectory:C:/TEMP/ctest_builds/MyProj_build
SetCTestConfiguration:SourceDirectory:C:/TEMP/ctest_builds/MyProj
Build project
MakeCommand:nmake -i
Run command: "nmake" "-i"
   Each symbol represents 1024 bytes of output.
   '!' represents an error and '*' a warning.
    .

I'm confused how it can run fine up to configure point and then suddenly revert to nmake at the CTEST_BUILD command.  It looks like MAKECOMMAND gets set only once for the whole script file and never updates.

--
Shane