[CMake] Version 2.8 affects exception handling?

Bill Spotz wfspotz at sandia.gov
Wed Oct 21 09:28:45 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am a Trilinos developer, so I recently upgraded to CMake version 2.8
so that I could test the Trilinos release 10 tarball.

I am seeing certain unit tests fail that were working before (in the
Trilinos release 10 repository) and this is the current state of my
debugging process:

   * I am testing that a constructor given an invalid (negative)
argument throws an exception
   * gdb indicates that the exception is thrown, but I cannot catch it
   * the program crashes with a segmentation fault

I don't see any changes by other developers that would change the
behavior of the code I am testing.  The only difference I am aware of
between the code that was working and the code that is failing now is
the CMake version used to build it.

Might CMake be compiling with options that affect exception handling?
If so, how can I determine what it is doing and customize it to behave
the way I expect it to?

Thanks,

** Bill Spotz                                              **
** Sandia National Laboratories  Voice: (505)845-0170      **
** P.O. Box 5800                 Fax:   (505)284-0154      **
** Albuquerque, NM 87185-0370    Email: wfspotz at sandia.gov **