[CMake] install(FILES mylib-config.cmake DESTINATION lib/myproj)

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 03:32:42 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 9:51 PM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>>  I am trying some new functionalities in CMake, in particular:
>>
>> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_2.6_Notes#Packaging_and_Exporting
>>
>>  However using cmake 2.8, I get an error:
>>
>> CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:64 (FILE):
>>  file INSTALL cannot find
>>
>>  "/home/mathieu/Perso/gdcm/Sandbox/CMakeBug/5/project1/myproj-config.cmake".
>>

>> It looks like the file is now named "myproj-noconfig.cmake"
>
> The file "myproj-noconfig.cmake" is internal to the
>
>  install(EXPORT myproj DESTINATION lib/myproj)
>
> command and is managed by CMake.  It would be called
>
>  myproj-debug.cmake
>
> if you set CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to Debug.
>
> The wiki example you reference has the line
>
>  install(FILES mylib-config.cmake DESTINATION lib/myproj)
>
> followed by this text:
>
>  "where mylib-config.cmake contains something like"
>
> and then some sample code.  It is up to you to create the file.

Thanks Brad ! I was confused with the -noconfig appended when
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is set to nothing and the secret -config required for
find_package(BLA) to lookup a file named BLA-config.cmake. In summary,
the 'config' refers to find_package API, while 'noconfig' refers to
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE API.

Cheers
--
Mathieu