[CMake] install(FILES mylib-config.cmake DESTINATION lib/myproj)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Oct 19 15:51:09 EDT 2009

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>   I am trying some new functionalities in CMake, in particular:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_2.6_Notes#Packaging_and_Exporting
>
>   However using cmake 2.8, I get an error:
>
> CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:64 (FILE):
>   file INSTALL cannot find
>   "/home/mathieu/Perso/gdcm/Sandbox/CMakeBug/5/project1/myproj-config.cmake".
>

> It looks like the file is now named "myproj-noconfig.cmake"

The file "myproj-noconfig.cmake" is internal to the

   install(EXPORT myproj DESTINATION lib/myproj)

command and is managed by CMake.  It would be called

   myproj-debug.cmake

if you set CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to Debug.

The wiki example you reference has the line

   install(FILES mylib-config.cmake DESTINATION lib/myproj)

followed by this text:

   "where mylib-config.cmake contains something like"

and then some sample code.  It is up to you to create the file.

-Brad