[CMake] Why FindBoost messaging not unified?

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Oct 9 09:14:45 EDT 2009

I'll admit up front that I have NOT tried out the latest CVS Cmake BUT
something that I sometimes have add into the FindBoost are outputs
that print all the variant names of the boost library that CMake is
trying to search for with the BOOST_DEBUG enabled. I think this would
be useful for when the mailing list has to help debug some one else's
boost installation (as happens often). Any chance of getting more
DEBUG messages added into the FindBoost.cmake ?
    Things like where cmake is searching for boost, what library names
it is using, did it find environment variables. Things like that. Just
a thought.
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net