[CMake] choose 32bit or 64bit in visual studio

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Oct 7 22:50:00 EDT 2009

j s wrote:
> On 64-bit windows with CMAKE, how do you choose whether to use the 32
> bit or 64 bit visual c++ compiler for the visual studio generator? I am
> thinking about starting to cross compile both 64 bit and 32 bit version
> of the software, but all I have right now is the 32 bit compiler.

They are separate generators:

cmake --help
   Visual Studio 8 2005        = Generates Visual Studio .NET 2005 project
                                 files.
   Visual Studio 8 2005 Win64  = Generates Visual Studio .NET 2005 Win64
                                 project files.
   Visual Studio 9 2008        = Generates Visual Studio 9 2008 project
files.
   Visual Studio 9 2008 Win64  = Generates Visual Studio 9 2008 Win64
project
                                 files.

Currently CMake can not do the cross compile thing on windows with vs
projects.

-Bill