[CMake] FindGnuTLS in 2.8rc2

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Wed Oct 7 21:39:42 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Dixon, Shane <Shane.Dixon at atmel.com> wrote:

> One note is that I’m using the MSVC compiler not gnu so I had to run this
> in the GnuTLS folder:
>
> C:\Program Files\GnuTLS-2.9.7\bin>lib /def:libgnutls-26.def /nologo
>
> Per the instructions in GnuTLS.  It generates a MSVC compatible .lib in the
> /bin folder.  Is that going to hose things having it in the bin folder?

Yes, it needs to be put in the lib/ folder for CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to help
find it.  You could send a note/patch to the GnuTLS people to fix their
documentation to have the user move the import library (.lib file) to
"../lib" when done, or just run the lib tool from the lib directory.

The GnuTLS installer does put all of the MinGW libraries in lib/ where they
belong so no problems there...

Also, in case you don't know, you can always show "advanced variables" in
the cache editor and set the location of GNUTLS_LIBRARY manually, should
CMake fail to auto-detect it.

--
Philip Lowman