[CMake] FindGnuTLS in 2.8rc2

Dixon, Shane Shane.Dixon at atmel.com
Wed Oct 7 18:38:29 EDT 2009

I'm trying the FindGnuTLS library in 2.8rc2 on Windows XP.  In a previous thread, someone told me to set this:

SET( CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH "C:/Program Files/GnuTLS-2.9.7/" )

I set that at the top of my top-level CMakeLists.txt and before the

Find_package( GnuTLS REQUIRED )

It never seems to show up when I run cmake from the command-line to create nmake makefiles.  I get this:

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:70 (MESSAGE):

  Could NOT find GnuTLS (missing: GNUTLS_LIBRARY)

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindGnuTLS.cmake:59 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)

  CMakeLists.txt:63 (FIND_PACKAGE)

Is there some other variable that I need to set to hint at FindGnuTLS.cmake where it needs to look for the gnutls.h?

One note is that I'm using the MSVC compiler not gnu so I had to run this in the GnuTLS folder:

C:\Program Files\GnuTLS-2.9.7\bin>lib /def:libgnutls-26.def /nologo

Per the instructions in GnuTLS.  It generates a MSVC compatible .lib in the /bin folder.  Is that going to hose things having it in the bin folder?

--

Shane