[CMake] Best practices when using CMake 2.6 and Eclipse CDT 6.0

Romain CHANU romainchanu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 00:15:54 EDT 2009

Yes I agree with you. It would be nice to hide these CMake generated files
(except those that are generated by your CMakeLists.txt and used for
compilation purpose, e.g. files generated by external command like
CodeSynthesis XSD).

One more thing, about the version control integration (SVN) in Eclipse using
an out-of-source build (cf .
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/Eclipse_CDT4_Generator_Development), do I still
need to create two different projects? One being my source code from my
repository and the other one being my "build" directory?

Is there any fix regarding this issue in the incoming 2.8 version? Or any
existing work-around?

Thank you!

Romain