[CMake] rdynamic and fpp flags failing

Jason Slemons slemons at cray.com
Tue Oct 6 15:03:38 EDT 2009

Hello Brad,

>Is this a cross-compiling environment?

Yes it is, both are linux systems though. I'm mainly curious to see if it will build for now though. Ill deal with testing the build later. Oh and I noticed in CMakeSystem.cmake that it says:
SET(CMAKE_CROSSCOMPILING "FALSE")
But I notice this with cmake 2.6.4 and cmake 2.8, both when it works and when it fails.

I compiled CMakeFortranCompilerId.F(no problem) with pgf90 and pgf95 and I always get an executable that spits out just :
INFO:compiler[PGI]
INFO:platform[Linux]

You also asked about the output of strings a.out? it's a long file that I'll attach(pgi.strings). When I switch to a compiler that works(like gnu) strings a.out is still a long file that looks similar(gnu.strings) to me.

It's starting to sink in that " The Fortran compiler identification is unknown " and that this is really the root of the problem. What I can't figure out is why it's not found, since the output from the executable of CMakeFortranCompilerId.F seems correct.

--Jason