[CMake] Best practices when using CMake 2.6 and Eclipse CDT 6.0

Romain CHANU romainchanu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 01:48:33 EDT 2009

Hi,

Thank you for your replies. There is still something unclear for me.

Let me describe the structure of my project (SVN project):

branches/
build/
tags/
trunk/

I run the cmake command in the build directory (i.e "cmake ../trunk") which
generates the .project and .cproject, as well as all the CMake files
generated by the cmake command.

When I import the project in Eclipse (I import the build directory which
contains the Eclipse files), here is the structure within Eclipse:

Binaries/
Includes/
myProject/files_in_trunk
generated_cmake_file_1
generated_cmake_file_2
generated_cmake_file_N

As I said in my first post, the import is dirty as I have all the generated
files in the "main" directory. What I would like to have is the following
structure:

Binaries/
Includes/
build/ (and the generated cmake files...)
myProject/files_in_trunk

I may miss something or misunderstand the process. Could anyone tell me
what's the best way to operate?

Thank you for your help.

Romain