[CMake] Cannot create shared lib under Windows, the error message is unreadable

michael kapelko kornerr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 10:35:09 EDT 2009

Hello.
I'm trying to build Lightfeather:

http://kornerr.alfamoon.com/download/lightfeather.Z_I_P

with the following CMakeLists.txt:

http://kornerr.alfamoon.com/download/CMakeLists.txt

The shared libLightfeather.so builds just fine under Linux. But does not
under Winsows XP with latest MinGW.
The compilation itself works fine, but when CMake says 'Linking CXX
library' the system barks:

http://kornerr.alfamoon.com/images/cmake_unknown_error.png

I use Windows with russian locale, setting it to english one didn't help
(only ???? symbols instead of letters then). May be that's because it's
a pirate one :P
Nevertheless, static lib builds just fine under Windows.
So what should I do now? (Bying licensed XP is not an option, sorry).

If anyone can try to build Lightfeather for himself and see the error, I
will be greatly appreciated. The CMakeLists.txt is included into the
above archive. Only MinGW is needed additionally.
Thanks.